Multidistrict Enrollment is open now!
Call: (360) 378-3292
Call or Text: (360) 298-6025
In May of this year, Griffin Bay School was designated by the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) as a Multi-District Online Program for Washington State. Previously, GBS served only those students who resided within our District boundary (plus 10%). This new designation takes away that barrier.
Griffin Bay School may now offer online access to anyone and everyone across Washington State.
The faculty and staff are proud of Griffin Bay School and what it stands for. Griffin Bay School provides students and families an education that allows for flexibility, individualized attention, and a “work at your own pace” approach. Certified teachers are in contact with students once a week, guiding each child on his or her journey.
Enrollment is now open. For more information, please contact the Griffin Bay School office:
Connie Domenech (360) 378-3292 email@example.com
Please be aware that enrollment in Griffin Bay School is a commitment of at least one semester.
Welcome to Griffin Bay School!
Griffin Bay School provides an opportunity for public school alternative learning experiences on San Juan Island. We are open on a full-time basis to serve the needs of students in our community. Small group instruction is provided in safe and productive formats, along with online learning and remote learning programs.
Griffin Bay School offers:
A place for students needing extra support in core areas
Small class size
Here are some of the reasons that families choose Griffin Bay School for their children:
• Our experienced, Washington-licensed teachers give students the attention they need to succeed.
• The award-winning curriculum from our partner Odysseyware, Apex and Red Comet, rooted in decades of research, harnesses powerful learning tools such as video, audio, and integrated materials to engage and inspire students.
• An individualized written student learning plan places students in the appropriate courses, identifies strengths and areas for improvement, and creates a plan to chart their progress.
• Exceptional programs help struggling students not only catch up but excel.
• Smart and sensible ideas, including credit recovery courses, help students succeed. Griffin Bay School brings students, parents, and teachers together to form a powerful, collaborative team so that students thrive.
Griffin Bay School is San Juan Island School District's public alternative learning experience for students in grades K-12. Established in 2003, Griffin Bay School provides appropriate and flexible educational opportunities designed to meet individual needs and offers a high level of personalized academic, social, and emotional support for students. The curriculum is organized so that students can progress at their own rate, depending on their ability, interests, and preferences, through sequences of increasingly difficult courses.
Staff at Griffin Bay School listen to the students' views, experiences, concerns, life circumstances, and ideas. Our teachers ensure each student's needs are met by delivering personalized instruction and attention. At Griffin Bay School, students may come into the school for learning time or may have all of their learning needs met online in their own home environment.
If you experience difficulty with the accessibility of any web pages or documents on this website, please request this information in an alternate format. You may email the information requests directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (360) 378-4133.